The Clinical and Laboratory Standards Institute (CLSI) recognized outstanding volunteers at its 2014 Leadership Conference and Educational Symposium held last month. The Excellence Awards winners are volunteers recognized for significantly contributing their services to the development, implementation, and promotion of consensus standards. The winners were nominated by their peers and then selected by the CLSI Awards Committee. CLSI volunteers are essential to the organization’s mission to develop best practices in clinical and laboratory testing and promote their use worldwide.
Among the awardees and the categories in which they were recognized:
- Excellence in Consensus Management
Jeffrey R. Budd, PhD, Senior Staff Biostatistician at Beckman Coulter, Inc, and Robert J. McEnroe, PhD, Clinical Chemist at Roche Diagnostics, Inc.
- Excellence in Global Leadership in Standards Development
Anne T. Daley, MS, CMQOE(ASQ) CSSBB, CLC(AMT), MT(ASCP)DLM, Senior Consultant at Chi Solutions, Inc.
- Excellence in Leadership in Global Health Partnerships
Pauline Cyr, RT(CSMLS), MPA, Medical Laboratory Consultant; Adi Nkwonta, MS, MT(ASCP), Director of Laboratory Services and Administrative Director of Diagnostic and Therapeutic Services at Pullman Regional Hospital
- Excellence in Member Organization Leadership
ARUP Laboratories; Roche Diagnostics, Inc.
- Excellence in Mentoring in Standards Development
Sharon K. Cullen, BS, RAC, Senior Program Manager at Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics
- Excellence in Standards Development
Steven D. Brown, PhD, ABMM, Consultant; Tania Motschman, MS, MT(ASCP)SBB, CQA(ASQ), Quality Director of the Esoteric Business Unit at the Laboratory Corporation of America; Michael A. Pfaller, MD, Professor Emeritus at the University of Iowa College of Medicine; Lou Ann Wyer, MS, MT(ASCP), CQA(ASQ), Director at Sentara Laboratory Services
- John V. Bergen Award (presented to an outstanding volunteer or group of volunteers in recognition of advances in CLSI organizational directives and objectives, through unique and significant contributions)
Carl D. Mottram, BA, RRT, RPFT, FAARC, Director of the Mayo Clinic Pulmonary Function Laboratories and Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
Learn more about services provided by CLSI.