AABB is pleased to announce the release of the latest training module designed to assist members of the blood community in implementing and navigating individual donor assessment (IDA) protocols. This new resource is a 60-minute training course that builds on the previously released 30-minute Individual Donor Assessment Foundational Training course.
Both training modules are designed to help blood bank professionals feel more prepared to navigate potentially challenging interactions with donors with an affirming, sex-positive approach. The modules are independent, self-paced programs accessed through AABB’s Education Platform.
AABB is offering both courses free of charge to all members of the blood community; registration is available through the AABB Store. Individuals are encouraged to complete the 30-minute training course (part I) before beginning the 60-minute training course (part II). AABB is also offering a course bundle for those who wish to register for both courses simultaneously.
The programs’ highlights include:
- Navigating donor conversations with the use of sex-positive language and presenting best practices for addressing sensitive and personal topics.
- Recognizing the impact of judgmental and biased language on donors and members of marginalized identity groups.
- Exploring techniques to handle emotional responses to tough conversations.
- Ensuring all donors and potential donors have a positive experience at the blood collection facility, which will help to ensure donor retention.
- Exploring techniques to respond to challenging conversations and de-escalate conflict.