AACC announced the recipients of the 2022 AACC and AACC Academy Awards.
Through this annual awards program, AACC and its academy recognize individuals around the world for outstanding research and service in the field of laboratory medicine, and strive to raise awareness of the vital contribution made by all lab professionals to patient care.
2022 AACC award winners:
- Wallace H. Coulter Lectureship Award-George Church, PhD Harvard University
- Outstanding Lifetime Achievement Award in Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine-Michael J. Bennett, PhD, FRCPath, DABCC, FACB University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine
- Outstanding Contributions to Education in Clinical Chemistry-David Hage, PhD University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Outstanding Contributions Through Service to the Profession of Clinical Chemistry-James D. Faix, MD Quest Diagnostics
- Outstanding Scientific Achievements by a Young Investigator-Christopher W. Farnsworth, PhD Washington University School of Medicine
- Clinical Laboratory Scientist Achievement Award-Peggy Mann, MS, MT(ASCP), CPP University of Texas Medical Branch
- AACC Past President’s Award David G. Grenache, PhD, DABCC TriCore Reference Laboratories
2022 AACC academy award winners:
- AACC Academy Award for Outstanding Contributions to Clinical Chemistry in a Selected Area of Research-Rossa W.K. Chiu, MBBS, PhD, FRCPA, FHKCPath, FHKAM (Pathology) The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- AACC Academy Professor Alvin Dubin Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Profession and the Academy-Roger L. Bertholf, PhD, DABCC, FAACC, MASCP Houston Methodist Hospital
- AACC Academy George Grannis Award for Excellence in Research and Scientific Publication-Ruben Y. Luo, PhD, DABCC Stanford University
The 2022 AACC and AACC Academy Award winners will be recognized during the 2022 AACC Annual Scientific Meeting & Clinical Lab Expo at Chicago’s McCormick Place Convention Center.