However, when respondents of the IT survey were asked if their lab used a laboratory automated system, the answers were surprisingly split evenly down the middle with 50 percent saying yes and 50 percent saying no. For those that answered yes, they were asked to list the most valuable reasons to use an automated system. The answers chosen most by respondents, in order of their value were:
- Auto-verification, QC review and instrument flagging during the process;
- Flexibility and adapts to test volume levels;
- Scalable and can add modules (for example, centrifuges);
- Integrated IT connectivity;
- Test tubes and automated post-analytical tube management.
- Reduced consumable usage